How to Cover Up Your Acne Scars With Makeup – Easy Tips
Covering up acne with makeup can be tricky. But if you keep your skin clear of pimple-irritating ingredients like lanolin, artificial fragrances and colors, formaldehyde (a preservative) and mineral oil, and you use products that contain skin-healing elements like salicylic acid, botanical oils and antioxidants, makeup can actually help your acne.
There is a great tip for how to cover acne scars that I only just came across recently. After years of practice and experience covering my acne and acne scars, I should have known this. Better late than never.
* Wash your face thoroughly and gently using an acne-fighting face wash in the shower every morning.
* Pat your face dry.
* Apply a non-greasy moisturizer.
* Apply a thin layer of acne ointment to your face and wait 5 minutes.
* Use an antibacterial product, such as Neosporin, directly on blemishes.
* Put a thin layer of make-up base all over your skin.
* Do NOT apply non-medicated liquid foundation as this is one of the worst types of make-up for acne. If you cannot get medicated foundation simply use powder after using (preferably medicated) concealer.Oil-free foundation from the body shop is like tinted moisturiser but better as it contains no oil.
* Apply enough a slightly thicker layer of concealer all over your face.
* Rub the concealer in well.
* Apply loose powder and use the loose powder for touch-ups during the day.
* Use acne-fighting cleansing pads at night to remove makeup and fight blemishes.
* Wait five minutes after the applications to allow the make-up time to dry and set.
* After a gym class or workout session, gently dab a tissue along your face to remove sweat and then follow the above steps.
* Use oil-free make-up.
* think of investing in the oil removing sheets. Clean and Clear sells them but so does CVS and Victoria’s Secret. They remove the oil from your face without removing the makeup
1. Never use an applicator twice (this spreads bacteria)
2. Do not use the manufacturers applicator as it will put bacteria back in the make up container