Reduce Body Heat Naturally: Home Remedy for Reducing Body Heat
Body heat is the most common ailments endured by humans. It is the side-effect of the body’s normal metabolism. To create ATP, as energy sources are broken down and metabolized, some of the energy is lost as heat. Cells which need extra ATP produce extra heat. The most effective treatments to reduce body heat are household and natural ones. In this article there are home remedies for Reducing Body Heat.
In fighting off illness and infection, a high temperature is a part of the body’s natural way of supporting the immune system. If the body temperature becomes too high, it can become hazardous especially in children. Metabolic rate is reflected in body temperature. The lower the metabolic rate bigger the life span, and the higher the metabolic rate shorter the life span. In older children and adults, low grade fevers are generally not serious; they can be managed successfully at home. When the body temperature rises, blood is flooded through capillaries in the skin and when the temperature drop too low, blood is shunted away from the skin to prevent this heat loss. The person feels the need to put on more clothes, and begin to shiver. The increased body heat causes are lack of sleep, hypertension etc.
Home Remedies for Reducing Body Heat
* 4-5 count Kokum fruit
* 1 Glass Warm water or as needed
* 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
* 1/4 of an inch Ginger piece (optional)
* Salt, A pinch
* 1 tsp Honey / Jaggery
Method of preparation:
* Take a bowl soak kokum fruit in 3/4cup of warm water along with cumin seeds overnight or atleast for 4-5 hours.
* Then grind everything along with ginger and make it like a paste. Pass it through a sieve.
* Take one tablespoon of this paste, along with jaggery/honey, salt and add water as needed.
* Soak Sabja seeds in water for sometime and add to milk with rose syrup. This is a good drink to cool down the system instantly. Sabja seeds are the best known substance that reduces body heat.
* Kokum Juice is a health drink as it soaks up heat of the body and gives instant energy.
* To treat body heat, two teaspoons of butter with a glass of warm milk is a good remedy.
* Butter milk is good for reducing the body heat. It keeps the body cool and fresh. a teaspoon of salt for taste can be added.
* Kokum Juice also gives relief from indigestion.
* Excessive intake of hot spices, salt, oil fried foods, cheese, sour cream, fermented foods, coffee etc. must be avoided. These products will increase body heat.
* Soak 8 to 10 almonds and 1 teaspoon rice overnight. Remove the outer skin and grind into a fine paste. Mix with some milk and add a pinch of turmeric powder and sugar candy to taste. Boil and drink.
* Kokum Juice also mixed with yogurt and salt makes a perfect “natural antacid”.
* To reduce body heat take a lot of vegetables, green leaves, fruits, salads and milk.
* Kokum has refrigerant ingredients and serves as a natural neutralize to the heat.
* Add 2 to 3 drops of almond oil to pomegranate juice and drink.
* For keeping the body cool massage the body with herbal oil. It will also increase blood circulation well.
* Reduction in gastric acidity, prevents muscosal damage, and is an anti-ulcer agent.
* Musk melon is good for keeping the body cool. Include more grains, beans and starchy foods in diet. Musk melon juice with a spoon of sugar also can be had.
* Foods that are astringent are good for reducing body heat. Vegetables are cooling and consuming of lots of vegetables and vegetable juices are very helpful in summer.
* Consume more of starchy foods, grains and beans to decrease body heat.
* Remove seeds from fresh amla fruits and grind the pulp into a fine paste. Tie it in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the juice. Take 2 teaspoons of this juice and mix it with 2 teaspoonfuls each honey and lime juice. Add 1 cup water and drink on an empty stomach every morning.
* Two teaspoons of clarified butter in a glass of warm milk is a good remedy to treat aggravated body heat.
* Drink abundance of liquids, coconut water, butter milk, fruit juices and at least 10 glasses of water daily.
* Avoid alcoholic beverages and tea and coffee.
* Barley is very good for cooling the body and kidneys. Barley can be eaten as salad or barley flour can be mixed with wheat flour for making bread.
* Smoking should be completely avoided.
* Eating a spoonful of fenugreek seeds daily will also help reduce the body heat.
* Eat cucumber, water melon, karbooj fruits which has significant amount of water presence in it which in turn reduces the body heat.
* Taking oil bath twice a week also brings down the body heat.
* Doing pranayama postures of sheetari, sheetkari, sadanta will bring down the heat.
* Poppy seeds are extremely good at reducing body heat. Consume a little amount of poppy seeds before sleeping helps to reduce body heat.
* Eating B Complex tablets will help reduce body heat greatly.
* Vegetarian foods must be consumed because consuming red meat can increase heat of the body.
* Body heat can be reduced by intake of some pacifying tea concoctions such as Herbal tea, mint tea, fennel, coriander etc.